Family Tree | Murray
- This page: Timeline of Murray generations [direct only]
- Status: Completed - 50%
- First Published: 27 January 2019
Photo date:June 1975
Rochdale Road, Slattocks. Home of John & Dorothy Murray from 1962 to 1975.
The timeline shows each successive generation of MURRAY and their partner/partner name. If available - this will lead to a similar tree for the partner's family.
- The people pages list all people for which a personal timeline are currently recored on the site
- The partner pages list all people for which a partnership timeline is recored on the site
- The family homes pages list all people lists all family homes(by family name) currently recorded on the site
The early generations are farm workers - moving regularly from farm to farm. From the 1860's & 70's onwards their children recognise that their parents way of life is no longer sustainable and they seek work in the town or city. Sometimes this is factory work or a delivery person. James Murray became a policeman, his son a bleacher and his grandson an electronics engineer.
Places they lived
The family originated in the Scottish Borders in the old counties of Roxburgh and Selkirkshire. From the second half of the 19thC the younger generation leave home and seek work elsewhere. James Murray moved to Lancashire and at some point became a policeman. He moved around eastern Lancashire and his descendants lived in Middleton. At one time there were over 10 related families in Middleton - today there are none.
Last Updated: 28 Jan 2019